Although deliveries of the Cupra Leon haven’t started yet, the Spanish brand has detailed some minor changes for the 2023 line-up.
All 2023 Cupra Leon models have received a price rise of between $400 and $500 on top of the pre-update models, besides the entry-level V because it hasn’t been made available to purchase yet.
Pricing starts at $43,990 before on-road costs for the Leon V and extends to $61,490 before on-road costs for the Leon VZx.
2023 Cupra Leon models have ditched their 10-inch touchscreens in favour of a larger, 12-inch unit. Scrolling indicators have also been ditched in favour of static indicators in the tail lights.
- 2023 Cupra Leon V: $43,990
- 2023 Cupra Leon VZ: $52,990 (+$400)
- 2023 Cupra Leon VZe: $60,490 (+$500)
- 2023 Cupra Leon VZx: $61,490 (+$500)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Cupra also has a number of drive-away prices which are as follows:
- 2023 Cupra Leon V: N/A
- 2023 Cupra Leon VZ: $57,490 (+$500)
- 2023 Cupra Leon VZe: (+$500)
- 2023 Cupra Leon VZx: $65,490 (+$500)
Each of the four Cupra Leon variants has a different powertrain.
The base V is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine producing 140kW of power and 320Nm of torque. This is mated with a seven-speed wet dual-clutch transmission.
The VZ also uses a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, but its engine produces 180kW and 370Nm.
The VZe mates a 1.4-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine with an electric motor, for total system outputs of 180kW and 400Nm. It uses a six-speed wet dual-clutch transmission.
Lastly, the VZx is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 221kW of power and 400Nm of torque.
All models are front-wheel drive.
The 2023 Cupra Leon has the following claimed combined fuel economy figures:
- V: 6.2L/100km
- VZ: 6.7L/100km
- VZe: 1.8L/100km
- VZx: 6.8L/100km
All Leon models require a minimum of 95 RON premium unleaded petrol except for the flagship VZx which requires 98 RON premium unleaded.
The plug-in hybrid (PHEV) Leon VZe has a claimed all-electric range of up to 60km.
The 2023 Cupra Leon measures 4398mm long, 1799mm wide and 1442mm tall, with a 2683mm wheelbase.
Boot capacity figures haven’t been released yet.
Servicing and Warranty
The 2023 Cupra Leon is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Cupra also includes three years of free servicing.
The Cupra Leon has a five-star safety rating from ANCAP, which is based on Euro NCAP testing conducted in 2020.
It received an adult occupant protection rating of 91 per cent, a child occupant protection rating of 88 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection rating of 71 per cent, and a safety assist rating of 80 per cent.
Standard safety equipment across the Leon range includes:
- 10 airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-keep assist with highway lane-centering
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Safe exit warning
- Driver fatigue monitoring
- Reversing camera
The 2023 Cupra Leon V comes with the following standard features:
- 18-inch black-and-silver alloy wheels
- 18-inch space-saver spare wheel
- Heated, power folding side mirrors
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Fog lights with cornering function
- LED tail lights with static indicators (NEW)
- Automatic headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Rear tinted windows
- 12-inch touchscreen infotainment display (NEW)
- Wired and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- Wireless phone charger
- Four USB-C ports
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Paddle shifters
- Interior ambient lighting
- Black headliner
- Cloth sports bucket seats
- Driver profile selection
- Dynamic Chassis Control
- Progressive steering
- Keyless entry and start
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Three-zone climate control
- Illuminated sill panels
- Aluminium pedals
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
The VZ adds the following:
- 19-inch black-and-silver alloy wheels
The VZe adds:
- Tyre repair kit (in lieu of space-saver spare wheel)
The flagship VZx adds:
- 19-inch black-and-copper alloy wheels
- Side skirts
- Quad-tip exhaust
- Heated ‘supersports’ leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Petrol Blue dashboard
- Petrol Blue leather front bucket seats
- Heated front seats
- Power driver’s seat with memory
- Memory mirrors
- Nine-speaker Beats sound system
The following options are available on the Leon:
- Power sunroof: $1800 (all models)
- Brembo brake package: $3600 (VZx)
- Leather and Sound package: $2450 (V, VZ)
- Leather package: $2050 (VZe)
The 2023 Cupra Leon is available in the following exterior paint finishes, depending on the trim level.
- Nevada White metallic
- Magnetic Tech metallic
- Midnight Black metallic
- Asphalt Blue metallic
- Urban Silver metallic
- Desire Red premium metallic
- Graphene Grey premium metallic
- Petrol Blue matte
- Magnetic Tech matte
Premium metallic paint finishes comprise Desire Red and Graphene Grey, and are a $475 option across the range. Desire Red isn’t available on the VZx.
Exclusive to the VZx is the option of matte paint ($2300), available in either Petrol Blue or Magnetic Tech.
MORE: Everything Cupra Leon