SCARAMOUCHE, aka Wanderer, is one of two new characters released in Genshin Impact’s 3.3 update and is available now in banners.
This Anemo character has great abilities that make him a strong asset on many teams.
He also has useful talents for exploration as he can levitate over terrain, as well as being versatile in combat.
Check out the best builds for Wanderer in our Genshin Impact guide.
Best weapons for Wanderer in Genshin Impact
Wanderer is a highly offensive player, so attack, critical damage, and critical hit rate are his most important stats.
Despite this, his elemental mastery is also important to raise the strength of his reactions.
The best weapon for Wanderer is his signature weapon Tulaytullah’s Remembrance, which boosts both standard and critical damage.
It also increases attack speed, and increases damage by almost 5% after an elemental ability.
Alternatively, consider the following weapons for Wanderer:
- Skyward Atlas (five-star catalyst) – increases Attack and elemental damage, and creates an additional damage effect on standard attacks.
- Lost Prayers To The Sacred Winds (five-star catalyst) – increases Critical Hit Rate and movement speed, and boosts elemental damage after swapping in.
- The Widsith (four-star catalyst) – increases Critical Damage and provides a series of random effects, all of which are useful for Scaramouche.
- Mappa Mare (four-star catalyst) – increases Elemental Mastery as well as elemental damage; and it’s craftable, making it a good free-to-play option.
Best artifacts for Wanderer in Genshin Impact
Wanderer also has a signature artifact set that is especially suited for him called Desert Pavilion Chronicle.
Two pieces will increase Anemo damage by 15%, while four pieces will increase attack speed and standard attack damage.
Stats should focus on buffing Wanderer’s standard attacks which can be fired out at a rapid pace.
Alternatively, the typical Anemo artifact set Viridescent Venerer is recommended if you don’t have a support character on your team who already carries it.
In any case, you should aim for the following stat distribution on the pieces you use:
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Attack % (sub stats).
- Flower: HP (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Attack % (sub stats).
- Sands: Attack % (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Goblet: Anemo Damage % (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Circlet: Critical Damage/Critical Hit Rate (main stat), Critical Hit Rate/Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Attack %, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
Best teams for Wanderer in Genshin Impact
Wanderer is a very flexible Main DPS who works well on any team that can react with his Anemo abilities or boost his standard attacks.
- Wanderer (Main DPS), Yelan (Sub DPS), Faruzan (Support), Bennett (Support)
Here Faruzan supports Wanderer by cutting enemies’ Anemo resistances, which allows Wanderer to deal more damage.
We’ve placed Yelan in the sub-DPS slot, but Xiangling, Xingqiu, Fischl, or Raiden Shogun would also contribute the necessary elemental effects for powerful swirls.
Bennett provides the healing here, and boosts Wanderers damage, but Kuki Shinobu or Kokomi could also fill this role.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered…